Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Losing it!

It's interesting, when I find something that has been lost, I immediately discover some other thing that I have lost. And it drives me nuts, I'll keep looking for the thing that I've lost until it drives me to distraction. I'll even dream about finding the item and then wake up the next morning expecting to find it there (which of course never actually happens).


So, two days ago I finally found the 100 stamps that I lost right before I had to mail my Christmas cards. About half an hour after that I went to get the incredibly generous savings bond that my folks gave Baby Girl for Christmas to put into the safe and lo and behold, it wasn't anywhere to be found. I'm hoping and praying that it did not get thrown out when I was cleaning my craft room for my brother to stay in this past weekend. But I suspect it is with the notepad that I also wrote my list for Thank You notes on, and I can't find that either. Errrg!!! Keep you fingers crossed for me that I find it!


On a brighter note, I'm going to a Mardi Gras ball in a couple of weeks, which should be pretty fun. It's one of the smaller krewes that doesn't actually parade anymore, but it's a chance to get dressed up in a ball gown and dance the night away. The big krewes have their balls at either the Superdome or the Convention Center and they will bring the entire parade into the ball. So you have a couple of thousand people in black ties and ball gowns lined up next to the barricades screaming for beads just like anyone else on the street. They also bring in great bands and there is PLENTY of alcohol to go around. I'm not sure what to expect as far as this one. I do know that I REALLY want a new dress for the occasion and am trying to figure out a way to justify it. I have a dress already that I wore to another event, but I saw some really pretty ones at the mall yesterday....
So, here's a picture of me from the Endymion ball a few years ago!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No way! YOu met Jason whatever-his-name-is? Awesome.

I hope you find the bond! I once lost the title to my car. It sucked (but then I found it again).

Montreal Mama said...

KOSTANZA!!

I lose things all the time. It sucks. I hear ya!