Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Playing Catch-Up

Okay, I claimed in my last post that I was trying to get my life back on track and get a little less scattered. Well, that didn't happen, but I think this week will be the week! I've even finally made it to the gym, which had been a rare event over the past month (read: non-existant).

A lot has happened since I last wrote, to start off with, we went to New York for a couple of days with Baby Girl. It was a great trip, although the weather didn't totally cooperate. We always stay at the Tribeca Grand Hotel when we go, and this time was no different. We love being down there, and the first afternoon we were there, we spent the majority of the afternoon walking around Soho. There's a great yarn shop there called Purl and I suggest if you haven't been there, you should definitely stop by. Since my yarn stash is already full to the brim, thanks to a recent order from Herrschner's, I didn't buy anything, but I did go in and take a good look around and inhale the wonderful fiber-y goodness of the place. That night we decided to forgo the usual fancy New York dining (this was a kid-centric trip after all) so we ordered some pizzas and headed back to the hotel. Of course, we forgot how large a New York pizza is (even though we did order small ones), so there was plenty of pizza left to share with the door guys at the hotel. They're always super nice to us and it definitely went a long way to building continued goodwill with them.

The next day was a Thursday, and after finding a great diner for breakfast (thanks to our buddies at the Grand), we headed up to Midtown for a little shopping and even more walking. In spite of the light rain that was falling, New York is one of my all-time favorite cities for walking! We hit several men's stores because Hubby needed some black dress shoes for dinner that night. He was unsuccessful, but I found a gorgeous pair of black pumps at Cole Haan that I just had to have! I never splurge on shoes (since I can rarely find really nice ones for my honkin' big, size 11 feet), so I felt especially happy buying what are officially now the most expensive shoes in my closet. They were 25% off, though, so I can at least feel a little more satifies with the fact that I saved money, right? After being unsuccessful in our attempt to find shoes for Hubby, we made our way to Central Park for a photo session with Baby Girl and a little lunch. I know most people would be rather disgusted with our decision to feed her "street meat" aka hot dogs, but seriously, she loves them! After the park we headed over the Time Warner building, briefly, and got to see my friend, Jason, long enough to hug his neck and let him meet a sleeping Baby Girl before jumping back in a cab and heading to our hotel.

Friday was our last day in the city. Again, we decided to go kid-centric and headed to the Upper West Side to see how New York kids have fun. There is a fantastic kids' museum up there and if you live in the city or ifyou are planning on bringing a kid up there any time soon, you should really check it out. Pretty much it's an indoor playground and Baby Girl LOVED it. We had a really hard time getting her out of there. Screaming her bloody head off like we were trying to kill her! After that we headed over to the Museum of Natural History, but c'mon, it had nothing on the Dora exhibit at CMOM, so we didn't stay long, but we did get some great pictures.

So, that's our trip to NYC, it was a ton of fun and I can't wait to go again. I'm going to really enjoy watching Baby Girl's experiences up there and how her perspective changes as she does. I'll try and catch up a little bit more on the past month's events tomorrow, but for now, I'm off to work on an LSU themed baby blanket for Hubby's cousin's kid.

No comments: