Thursday, September 18, 2008

Les Petites Victoires

I've been a little bit scattered since the evacuation for Hurricane Gustav. I haven't wanted to do much of anything other than sit on my butt and knit or play with my kid. So, after almost three weeks, I've decided it is time to get re-centered and get my life back in order.

It has been an eventful past few weeks, of course there was the great evacuation, then my father-in-law ended up in the hospital, and there was that minor incident with my truck and the side of that building. After that we had some evacuees of our own from Houston. It was great having them here, but it still didn't help me get any more organized.

So, I have resolved that over the next week, up until our trip to New York, I will get at least something done around this house every day. Today, I decided to tackle the pool table room and my kitchen. Tomorrow, I'll get the rest of the downstairs clean. I know, really not a whole lot to be proud of, but it's better than I have been doing. Small victories, right?

No comments: