Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Yarn, Yarn, Yarn!

Okay so this was the subject of a recent email from a good friend and it got me thinking that I haven't written about my great love recently. I guess it's because my primary project that I'm working on right now is not particularly exciting. I'm working with acrylic yarn (I know, all the yarn-snobs out there have now totally written me off), but I'm working on a baby blanket for a cousin that I don't know particularly well and I didn't feel like shelling out a bundle on yarn for his new bundle. Sorry, got to be honest here. So, the yarn isn't great and I'm crocheting (for the sake of expediency) a tight ripple pattern. So, it's VERY repetitive, and not in a good Zen way either. Plus, I made the very foolish decision to widen the blanket, and now I'm just really sick of working on it and if I'd left it the way it should have been I would be done by now! Argh.

No comments: