Saturday, April 11, 2009

Heading Home

It's Saturday morning and Lilly-Bean decided that we should be up really early today. So, we're sitting on the couch watching Mickey Mouse and waiting for Daddy to get up. Yeah, I know, he really should have to get up at the same time as us, but he went out with a customer last night and didn't make it back until around 1:00am, so I'm going to let him sleep. We're heading out around 10am to drive over to my hometown to see my family for Easter. My uncle and his kids are arriving from Virginia this afternoon and we decided it might be a good idea to go over and see them. Especially considering that Hubby and I have been married for three years and my uncle has yet to meet my husband! How weird it that? What makes it even worse is that Hubby and I have been together nearly ten years! I'm a pretty crappy niece, I suppose! He has met Lilly-Bean, though. Unfortunately she and I had to go up to Virginia when my grandfather was ill and then again when he died, so the family did get to see her.

Since we're heading home this weekend, I thought I would show you a video that I received last night from one of my high school friends. It really does give a good feel for the town we grew up in, even though I suspect it was made in the 50's! Not much changes around the F-dub!

I hope all of you have a great Easter weekend. Even if you're not particularly religious, it's a good time to spend with those you love and eat lovely things, including but not limited to, CHOCOLATE!

No comments: