Monday, December 1, 2008

Fear

From the day you become pregnant with your first child, you become very closely acquainted with fear. What if something goes wrong, what if the baby is sick, what if someone steals her....
After a while, you push all those fears to the back of your mind for the most part, you are always on guard, but you can't live your life constantly worried about what might happen.

This morning I discovered a new definition of fear, ceratinly not the same fear as with the other things I named, but fear nonetheless. Today I have resolved to start getting things done in preparation for the holidays and nothing helps get me motivated more than having a nice clean house. As much as I may claim that knitting things that will be in your house (or even someone else's house) counts as housework, truly it does not and my home has started the reflect that realization. Sorry Justification Gods, I have betrayed you.

So, anyhow, as I was tidying up Baby Girl's toys, I discovered the one item that can strike fear into the heart of any mother of a toddler....an empty Play-Doh container..... (cue: horror movie music and tight fade-away shot)

No comments: