Monday, November 17, 2008

I'm Back!

Did you miss me terribly, my long-neglected blog? Probably not, but I'm back anyway.
Sweater weather has descended on New Orleans. Okay, to you Yankees, it may not be, but dammit the weather is under sixty degrees so I'm wearing a sweater that I made with my very-own two hands! It's a top-down sweater that I got off of The Running Yarn. It's soft and cuddy and I LOVE it! So, maybe I'm a bit of a wuss, but since we only get to wear sweaters maybe two weeks out of the year, I'm going to enjoy it. The change in weather has also reminded me that Christmas is much closer than I am prepared for, so, I am proud to announce that I have finished one of my Christmas presents. It's for Hubby's brother and sister-in-law and I am totally in love with it. If you look closely at some of the sunflowers, it calls for eyelash yarn which creates that neat fuzzy effect that real sunflowers have. Hmmm...maybe I'll just keep it. ;-)













A few weeks ago, I wrote about an LSU afghan that I was making for one of Hubby's cousins. I finally finished that bad-boy and not a moment too soon for my sanity. Here it is:













It's fairly boring, but the colors look good (if you're an LSU fan) and it's got a nice texture. I will not be using this pattern again however.
So, after two crochet projects, I was desperate to pick up my knitting needles again. So, I returned to the Mason-Dixon Knitting book and started on the log-cabin style bath matts. They call for three strands of double-worsted cotton yarn to be held together and size 15 needles. It's a bit challenging and the yarn it THICK, but so far, it's looking great! One thing the wonderful authors of the pattern neglected to mention is how difficult it is to pick up stitches with materials this thick, so if you decide to follow in my footsteps, add a Size K crochet hook to your tools to make this process a bit easier. I'm using Peaches 'n Creme from the Elmore Pisgah company in cream, camel, and beige, so it's a really great natural look. If you order from them, be sure to talk to Martha. She's super nice and even delayed shipment on my order to work around Hurricane Gustav.
So, that's the news that's fit to print right now. I'm back to my needles before Baby Girl wakes up from her nap.

1 comment:

Lara said...

I love love love everything you've made!! How on earth do you knit so fast???